I am deeply honoured to be part of the ReWired Life Blog Tour. This amazing tour is all about exploring the concepts of Self Love, Healing your Body and Mind and Celebrating Life. Join the tour deepen your knowledge of personal growth here.
I invite you to do something radical; each morning when you wake up make a choice. Choose yourself, as you go about your day make decisions based on your comfort and your boundaries. Take a step back and objectively look at each situation you are involved in and ask yourself, “How does this serve me?”
I know what your thinking, “wait a minute….how can I do that, its selfish/self serving/wrong”.
It is easy to get caught up in the rat race of constantly providing support for others. We are surrounded by outside messages that promote selflessness as the right path, we are indoctrinated with the concept that to be a good person we must always think of others first.
You can keep going down that path, but it leads to burn out. The key to being a truly engaged, caring and supportive individual is by taking care of and loving you first.
The only way to be truly loved by others is to first love yourself; if you cannot find the joy in your every quirk and all aspects of who you are how can you expect others to as well? The first step to achieving self love is taking the time to look within and truly explore your whole self. Your quirks, your boundaries, your strengths and your weaknesses.
Steps to Support your Self Love:
1) Forgive- forgiveness is a huge aspect of learning to love yourself. Often when we hold a grudge or hold onto anger/sadness/fear it is because we cannot forgive ourselves. To learn more you can join my free Introduction to the Forgiveness Process
2) Allow Vulnerability- Not everyone is going to dig your vibe….and thats okay because your not going to dig everyone’s vibe either. However, when you are authentically vulnerable you attract a tribe that truly matches you
3) Understand that without Darkness there cannot be Light- The mistakes that you have made are not who you are rather they are all shining lessons. For every mistake, there is a positive lesson that helped you grow. So without that mistake, you wouldn’t be the wonderful you of today.
4) Set Boundaries- know your limits. It is okay to say “no” if you are not feeling well. It is okay to turn off your phone and enjoy a day of silence if that is what you need. Give yourself permission to set boundaries in your life and relationships that are comfortable and authentic to you
5) Let go- Know that as you shed light on and decide to truly love your authentic self, not everyone in your life will stay on board and that is okay. It is natural for relationships and situations that are stagnant in your life to start to shift and move away. Allow yourself a moment to grieve if you need to then look around and see what new adventures have come by making space for them
We are all part of a beautiful journey, it is time to wake up and see it for what it is. When you decide to love yourself, you will see your world in a whole new light!
Ps Get your free sample chapter of ReWired Life here http://www.audreymichel.com/sample-chapter/